Friday, November 10, 2017

Vet and Yet







I'm a Veteran, though from a time of Peace. Facebook has hooked me up with former shipmates- Jim from the Westwind and John from the Mackinaw-very cool.. The older gent in the pictures served in the Army during Korea, but kept Fort Sill, Oklahoma safe.
Post is titled 'Vet and Yet', as I may be a Veteran, but, to me, the true Veterans are those who fight, who defend our country and interests in the military.
I'm very happy that we have a Day for honoring Veterans. I'm looking for another day, too:
"And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more." (Isaiah 2:4).

No comments: