Saturday, August 19, 2017

You? More Righteous Than I?

Measure for measure, my righteousness vs your righteousness...a wash. Tie.
You are no more righteous than I am. Same back at me. Neither of us would win an award.
WHOLE LOT of righteous indignation been echoing back and forth across this indignant Nation
lately.
Comes from a cosmos flailing around on a sand foundation.
So, who is Righteous?
God.
I can hear the ungodly now:
"I AM more righteous than you, Doug, and certainly more righteous than the imaginary God you have been fooled into believing!"
You may be more Righteous than I am.
But you are not righteous compared to God.
Who isn't imaginary. Or the confused remnant of some poor earlier theology.
Here's the thing-because I am a Christian, Christ's Righteousness has been imputed to me.
I am not righteous. But He is. And by His Righteousness I am righteous before God.
Measure yourself against His Righteousness. Do it. 
Sand.



2 comments:

Doug said...

Neither your righteousness nor mine will ever gain us entrance to Heaven.
But if Christ accepts you? Brings you into His family?
Golden.

P said...

The righteousness of Christ is purer then any graven love of a Pagan. He loved to the death.