Wednesday, January 07, 2015

At It Again 2015 woo hoo!!!

Didn't expect to have my first post of the year be about more Islamic terrorism-France is the new battleground.
 I've been at this awhile-I joined in on the previous "Draw Muhammed Day".
                                                       Sorry-nothing this time.
The satirical magazine that got the Islumic murderers all hot and bothered
mocks ALL religions. Christianity, too.
But you know what?
I ignore such stuff. It doesn't bother me because I expect 'the world' apart from Christ to be mockers, haters, etc.
"17Never pay back evil for evil to anyone. Respect what is right in the sight of all men. 
18If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men. 
19Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. 
20“But if your enemy is hungry, feed him, and if he is thirsty, give him a drink; for in so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” 
21Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." Romans 12:17-21 

 I may not appreciate my God being mocked, but I would be wrong to start a holy war against the mockers/haters. 
I'm leaving room for the wrath of God. He will repay.





5 comments:

Doug said...

I WAS going to go in a different direction for this and do a 'draw muhammed' thing...but naw. Don't need to have google getting the vapors and killing my blog in a fit of political correctness.
google owns the blogging software that I use.

Lucia said...

So... um... your point is? The mockers had it coming?

Doug said...

Hello Lu in 2015.
My point, which I hope you understand, is:
God does not require that we kill others to protect His honor; instead, He will have His own vengeance-He will repay.
Islam is a false religion with a false god, and its adherents are on their way to hell, which is terribly sad.
I don't hate anyone, and my prayer for those stuck in darkness, who do not know God is that they would seek and find Him. Even Islamists who are trying to kill my brothers and sisters because we reject Islam.
Of course, the false religion of Islam was cobbled together 300 years after Christ walked the earth, but for Biblical examples of the contrasting views of God's people and the world, read through the book of Daniel.
With all of that said, I hope that you have a very nice 2015, Lu.

Lucia said...

Six hundred years, but who's counting? Christians, as I understand it, think Christians should praise God, not because God needs praise, but because praise is one of the things that build faith. I don't know Islam well enough to know if making war against infidels is considered to benefit Muslims, or God, or both.

I have to say that (always positing that God exists) your point is a good one, and I feel rather dumb for having missed it.

Happy 2015 to you too.

Doug said...

"as I understand it, think Christians should praise God, not because God needs praise, but because praise is one of the things that build faith."
Sorry, Lu, but that makes no sense to me.
How does praise build faith?
God deserves praise, and those of us who know Him are happy to praise Him.
But praise building faith?
Like I will have more faith because I praise Him?
{scratching head}
Faith is knowing with absolute certainty that God exists.
You can't make water wetter, and you can't make faith more faithier.
It T'is or it T'isn't, and for me T'is.