Saturday, December 20, 2014

Shiny Faced Mortuary Choir

Title doesn't refer to the charming youths above-I goggle searched for choirs, and there they were.
This morning before work I turned on the TV for breakfast background noise, and a local
H.S. Choir was Caroling.
Close to 40 years ago MY H.S. Choir was doing a TV Christmas thing, and we, being unused to anything television-wise, were scared to dearth. I mean deer-in-headlights-frozen-with-bug-eyes-and-dry-mouths SCARED!
Our Choir director, hoping to get us to relax, called us the 'Shiny faced mortuary choir' which helped a little.
That teacher is now in his late 80's and he still directs a local community choir. They had a concert just the other night.
Yes indeed, t'is the season.



1 comment:

Doug said...

So, what do you want for Christmas?
I know what I want-
O Come, O Come Emmanuel!
Let Earth receive her King!
Let every heart prepare Him room!
And heaven and nature Sing!

But I'll be happy with whatever we get-because I am content.
May you have a wonderful Christmas.