Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Other Voices, Not In My Head

I don't often point to other blogs, link up with like mindeds, etc.
But here is a link to a fine post by R. Hudson L.:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/11/05/the_mandate_republicans_were_elected_to_stop_barack_obama_not_to_work_with_him

I recall the 2004 election when John Kerry lost-in his concession speech he said of President Bush, "If he wants to get things done, he will have to work with us." (Not word for word-it's been a long time.)

Last night Harry Reid allegedly stated:
"The message from voters is clear: they want us to work together," Reid said. "I look forward to working with Senator McConnell to get things done for the middle class."

Oh, so that's what you say when you lose an election! All of a sudden, the light above Capitol Hill goes on:
"Cooperation. Working together across party lines."

As proof that I am myself willing to work with Democrats, I will let President Obama have the last word. Note-this is from a year ago, but he really did say this:
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/obama-to-gop-go-out-there-and-win-an-election-if-you-want-to-stop-health-care-law

See you on the other side, Rhodes.


1 comment:

Doug said...

I know, y'know-if the links don't hypertext allow you to click and go, just copy and paste in the address bar.

So, what does the road ahead look like?
As I said yesterday: President Obama has ignored Congress for six years, so I don't see him changing what he thinks is working for him.
I think that there will be more acrimony ahead, lots of shouting and yammering.
I have done my duty.
I voted.
I now follow Pilate's example and wash my hands of the whole deal.