Sunday, July 27, 2014

Sewer Rollercoaster

I have resisted the call of the political Sirens, beckoning me to join in their muddy skirmishes. I received an email the other day from the Republican Party asking if I had abandoned them as I have not contributed for quite awhile.
I'm not going to promise money I don't have to people who don't deserve it for objectives
they have proven to be incapable of winning.
Reading today's headlines, there is so much turmoil and political garbage that I dare not sully my soul by 'getting political'. I refuse to ride on the political sewer rollercoaster.
As Pogo famously said, "We have met the enemy, and he is us."
My nation, right or wrong, is still my nation. My President, right or wrong, is still my President.
Today I read that some believe that President Obama is 'begging to be impeached' now so as to energize his political base before the mid-term elections.
That sounds crazy to me. That is an example of how nuts politics is right now.
I'm not smart enough to follow all of those twisty turns.
So, what do I do?
Trust in God Who is above all nations and presidents and kings and political parties.
President Obama's Day will pass just as it did for each of his predecessors. Whether he should be impeached is not for me to decide. If he hopes to gin up his base by suggesting that 'mean evil Republicans' are trying to run him out of office, he will do so without any help from me.




1 comment:

Doug said...

I don't condone the many abuses of power of President Obama, but I can't get caught up in the political stuff anymore. I wrote that I don't want to 'sully my soul' but that was simply a metaphor-my soul has nothing to do with this. I don't want to be negative, and there is nothing more negative these days than politics. Politics and sin. Which are sinymous.