Saturday, June 28, 2014

From The Other FDW: Refreshments Served Daily! Sometimes Hourly!






“5  Trust in the LORD with all your heart     And do not lean on your own understanding.
6    In all your ways acknowledge Him,     And He will make your paths straight.
7    Do not be wise in your own eyes;     Fear the LORD and turn away from evil.
8    It will be healing to your body     And refreshment to your bones.” Proverbs 3:5-8
I sure need some refreshment for my bones.
The first thing that attracts my eye and mind in these verses is ‘lean not on your own understanding’.
That right there will cause any non-believer to slam shut the book and say that it is nonsense!
But the believer knows that God is in charge, and we not only don’t need the whole story, we freely admit to being incapable of understanding all that is happening. If I were to lean on my own understanding, I would quickly fall over.
I love this passage: “6    In all your ways acknowledge Him,     And He will make your paths straight.”
To put it in simple, if I acknowledge Him, if I consider the world with Him as Creator God working His plan, actively directing everything that happens or will happen or has happened…then I have no need to be led through the desert for forty years learning lessons.
Fearing (respecting) the LORD keeps me turning from evil and protects me from becoming wise in my own eyes because I recognize the limitations my intellect compared to the perfect knowledge of God.
If we get a big head due to being so impressed with the pittance we think we know, God has a cure for that.
Humble yourself in the sight of the Lord.

1 comment:

Doug said...

May God richly Bless you today.