Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Appreciate 'Till You

disintegrate. 
Here's the hear's of the day, friends:
"I've heard funerals referred to as unplanned family reunions with one less person. And reunions can be fun..."
Quoted at reddit on a posting today about things said at funerals. There's a bunch more, but I'm trying to focus here.
The picture above does not prove reincarnation, but this flower comes up below my window every year, nice red flowers. Each Winter the plant sleeps, and now it is awake. Then it will sleep again, if you can pardon the anthropomorphizing of a flower's habits.
Talking with a friend today-we've lost another of the family that once was tight, and now is more unwound. I didn't know of her death until after the service-as I said, unwound.
According to the Bible, the body in death 'sleeps' in the ground, dust and ashes returning to form, while the 'WE' who are US go to be with Christ.
The dead in Christ are no longer troubled by such circumstance as native to us on this side of Eternity. We are the ones going through troubles, great and small-those who have passed on are having a better time of it.
I've been to enough funerals lately; that isn't a complaint, just a statement. While we're here we are to be here for each other, to cherish the Life that God has given us, to mourn with those mourning and share burdens and joys on this side of eternity. May God Bless you today.


1 comment:

Doug said...

I will put this as delicately as I am able: Christians are simply human beans, just like everybody else, and we can suffer from every malady in this sin sickened world, including having mental and emotional problems.
One of the things that makes me Doug, makes me who I am, is that I am fully in touch with reality, am completely stone cold sane. In a crazy world, that can be a burden as much as a blessing.