Friday, December 06, 2013

Double Duty Rewind From 2010

I sometimes have fun on the intrawebs, and today I was directed to Archive dot org, the Internet Wayback Machine at which I looked up some old FDW posts. I am no prophet, and have proven so by being wrong about the past few elections, but when I saw these two posts, I laughed and decided to mash them together.
From June 21, 2010:

                                             You Waltz In Here...


     “Your waltz in here
     With a handful of gimme
     A mouthful of multiplies
     I go home feeling empty
     From all your signifies”

     Fred Neil-”Handful of Gimmie”
     “Bleecker and MacDougal”-1965

     What a beautiful day! Even in the most grim, we can grin.
     I love the contraction Fred used in the third line of his song:
     “multiple lies=multiplies”-concise.
     So yes, I am suggesting that President Obama has a handful of gimmie-in that he has
     constantly declared  that he needs MORE power, MORE control in order to achieve his goals.
     Not our goals-a stable economy, a secure border, Peace-
     HIS goals-more more more of the world as he imagines it, less less less of the one we grew up   in.
     I think he’s beginning to believe his own press, which is dangerous.
     Once upon a time there was another “Community Organizer” who wanted to re-set the world as he saw fit.
     Unlike Obame, he was laughed at until he made a power grab which landed him in prison.
     Very much like Obama, he wrote his autobiography at an early age, but from his jail cell.
     But enough about Adolph Hitler.
    Here would be a good rule of thumb for President Obama to adopt:
    He should refuse/withdraw his hand from any additional Presidential power which he

   would not like to see wielded by a Republican President.
    Remember the Golden rule-”Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”

   Meaning that if President Obama wants to be a good President, he should treat others 
   as he wants to be treated.
   Too simple?

    Right now he expends political capital making enemies of any and all who do not agree with his  agenda.
    Who refuses to budge an inch? Megalomaniacs and egotists who do not respect anyone but themselves.
    And drunks. I just remembered a beauty-
    Back when I was working maintenance for a ski resort, my duties included security.
    One January 1st, the  day after you know what, I’d been herding sheepish drunks all night, working a 15   hour shift.
     Ten in the morning, I’m driving down the road to our woodlot, and I find a young couple
     trudging along, heading nowhere.
     Guess what? I was cursed and called a liar because the guy KNEW where he was going,
     and he wasn’t  going to listen to ANYONE!
     If he had been alone, he might still be on that trail, but his lady friend look tired and about
     ready to keel over. It took both her and I arguing with the great scout to convince him to
     get into the truck-I took them back to their resort, and though she thanked me,
     he had nothing good to say.
     Going the wrong way down a dead end road…
     Won’t listen to anyone…
     Cursing those who disagree with him…
     But enough about Barack Obama.

Aaaaaannnnddddd...the next day, June 22nd:


      Other Wit...Other Wise

     Democrat 23rd Psalm 1950


     The Government is my shepherd
     I need not work
     it alloweth me to lie down on good jobs.
     It leadeth me beside still factories
    It destroyeth mine inititave.
    It leadeth me in paths of a parasite for politic's sake.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of laziness and deficent spending
    I fear no evil.
   The Government is with me-
    Its Doles and Vote-getters
   They comfort me.
   It prepareth an economic utopia for me by 
   Appropriating the earnings of my grandchildren.
   It filleth my head with false security.
   My efficiency runneth over.
   Surely the Government shall care for me all the days of my life
   And I shall dwell in a fool's paradise forever.

    Old Abe

    Now, that was fun! I corrected the spelling, but that is basically what I found written on an old letter
    sent to my grandfather-'Old Abe' was a friend of his named Dan Kile.
    His tag line at the end of each of his letters:
    "If you want to go through Life completely misunderstood, say exactly what you mean."
So you see, 63 years ago the Democrats were already recognized  for their political stinkerisms. Have a nice day today, December 6, 2013. May God save us from All political parties!

1 comment:

Doug said...

I don't recycle/reuse old posts very often as I think that the rule should always be to look forward.
But it is interesting to see how things have developed in three years.
Three years from now we will either have a new President or no country that we recognize.