Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Walking A Fine Punchline

From a Breitbart article, a comment from President Barack Obama:
"“I’m asking you to be part of Team Obamacare… I’m asking you to help tell you friends, families, coworkers, classmates, neighbors and anyone else what the Affordable Care Act can mean for them,” he said."
I've been doing my part, Mr President, spreading the word about Obamacare and what it will mean for my
friends, family, coworkers etc. 
Here, I yump up on my FDW soapbox and declare to (both of) my readers:
"HANG ON, DEAR FRIENDS! OBAMACARE MAY YET FAIL. IF YOU CAN PAY YOUR INSURANCE PREMIUMS, WELL AND GOOD! IF YOUR INSURANCE HAS BEEN CANCELLED, HANG ON AND HOPE THAT YOU REMAIN HEALTHY! 
THE VERY LAST RESORT MAY BE SIGNING UP FOR OBAMACARE; DO WHAT YOU MUST AND PRAY THAT GOD WILL HAVE MERCY NOT ONLY ON YOU, BUT ON OUR COUNTRY!"

3 comments:

Doug said...

Even the most ardent defenders of the Affordable Care Law admit that things have not been going very well with the implementation.
When January 1st shows up, I don't know what I will do.
If I have health insurance by then, well and good. But if I do not, if my situation is the same as it is now...I may pay the penalty rather than sign up for Obamacare.
This will be a very interesting two and a half months.

LGR said...

We have been informed by your insurance company that our plan is being dropped. Didn't our president say that WOULDN'T happen? I guess we can't believe what he says. :-) Lesson learned again and again and again. Have a marvelous fall, friend. LGR (Leta)

Doug said...

Hi Leta! I got ahead of the game-I lost my health insurance back in January, so they can't take that away from me...
so, they can't...
take that away...
from...what am I singing?
Nice to see you here-have a wonderful Thanksgiving/Holiday season.