Thursday, November 15, 2012

Give A Thought

Today I watched a news report of the devastation left from hurricane Sandy-entire neighborhoods decimated. The news reporter held in her hands photographs picked from the wreckage-pictures that used to adorn homes.
It seems strange to be heading into the "Holiday" season-what is supposed to be a happy time will be tempered this year by the realization that thousands of people who never thought anything bad could happen to them will be homeless, many with nothing but the clothes on their backs plus whatever someone gives them.
Will the "Black Friday" crowds give thought to their fellow man? I expect the Salvation Army buckets will be in full force for the next few weeks. Red Cross donating is only a link away. There are opportunities to do good all around you; give a thought to passing on some good if you have good.

1 comment:

Doug said...

Not tootin' my own horn, but I did something today to start this ball rolling. Give till it feels great.
I think the Red Cross can help the most people, so I'm sending another donation.
Even if it helps Yankees fans.