Thursday, December 29, 2011

Once More and Forever, With Feeling

It has appeared here before, but this time, with this picture I am remembering a decade. I took this picture on December 31st, 2001. Ten years since, my life has changed dramatically-half my family has passed, I've changed careers, graduated from a business university, bought a house and am now living a quiet life. 
 I change-older, heavier, but in as good a shape as in 2001 when I was working a physical job. I may be chained to a desk now, but the exercise routine I've been working the past few years has benefited me greatly.
I change, but God is unchanging. He has led me through my life; He knew me, that I would be, before the foundation of the world. He not only creates common items such as myself, but He also makes beautiful frozen waterfalls, and puts in our being appreciation for such beauty. Wow.
I am honored to be welcomed as a member of my church-we love, need and pray for each other, and I wouldn't ever want to go back to flying solo. I said that half my family has passed-my church family extends to Heaven, billions of brothers and sisters bound together in Christ. Wow again. I look forward to the Day when we all get together to worship God in corpus Glorious.
If I were to get out the scales and measure the 'good' and the 'bad' of the past decade, it would be ridicualbly weighted in favor of "GOOD". Sure, I've had struggles, and some bad times...but I've also had God watching over me every millisecond of the decade.
Job had more trouble in a day than I've had in my entire life, and yet, in unison, we can say, 
"Blessed be the name of the Lord!"



1 comment:

Doug said...

jurisprudence went to the fair