Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Even Moreso Especially In This Day

Ireland can’t make a pub run.
(Or, I guess, a country.)

President Obama wants to bring peace to the Muslims and Israelis. President Obama wants them to play nice and share. And they should listen to him because?

King Solomon had it right: every human endeavor is vanity.
If you read through Ecclesiastes you will find the king God granted Wisdom teaching some things that you might not believe…are in the Bible. Some are ‘hard sayings’, as in hard to understand. He sums up the book in the last paragraph:
“13The conclusion, when all has been heard, is: fear God and keep His commandments, because this applies to every person.
14For God will bring every act to judgment, everything which is hidden, whether it is good or evil.”

This is how it is: though what we do is vanity upon vanity, we are still called on the carpet by God for our actions.
There will be two resurrections, friends-one for the living and blest, the other for the guilty and messed. I won’t quote the entire chapter, but read Revelation chapter 20 for the details.
Those in the first resurrection heeded what God directed Solomon to write: Fear God and keep His commandments. Those in the second group din’t.
Funny how things motate in my head-I was going to write a Thanksgiving post and I ended up here. But I am Thankful for all that God has given me, done for me, for all of us who are in His family.
I am especially even moreso thankful for this:
“3And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them,
4and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.”

Amen.

1 comment:

Doug said...

I am thankful that even now, in hurting times God is good, and takes care of His kids. There's a role model!
the hurting isn't mine personally, but I have friends hurting, so I hurt with them. And I lift them up to God in prayer. I'm very much looking forward to "No tears in Heaven".