Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Other Wit...Other Wise

Democrat 23rd Psalm 1950


The Government is my shepherd
I need not work
it alloweth me to lie down on good jobs.
It leadeth me beside still factories
It destroyeth mine inititave.
It leadeth me in paths of a parasite for politic's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of laziness and deficent spending
I fear no evil.
The Government is with me-
Its Doles and Vote-getters
They comfort me.
It prepareth an economic utopia for me by 
Appropriating the earnings of my grandchildren.
It filleth my head with false security.
My efficiency runneth over.
Surely the Government shall care for me all the days of my life
And I shall dwell in a fool's paradise forever.

Old Abe

Now, that was fun! I corrected the spelling, but that is basically what I found written on an old letter sent to my grandfather-'Old Abe' was a friend of his named Dan Kile. His tag line at the end of each of his letters:
"If you want to go through Life completely misunderstood, say exactly what you mean."

No comments: