Wednesday, May 26, 2010

God Keeps Him Occupied

"18Here is what I have seen to be good and fitting: to eat, to drink and enjoy oneself in all one’s labor in which he toils under the sun during the few years of his life which God has given him; for this is his reward. 19Furthermore, as for every man to whom God has given riches and wealth, He has also empowered him to eat from them and to receive his reward and rejoice in his labor; this is the gift of God. 20For he will not often consider the years of his life, because God keeps him occupied with the gladness of his heart."
Ecclesiastes 5:18-20


I would love for Donald Trump to record an audio book of Ecclesiastes, with his insights into the words of King Solomon. Trump is a modern day 'king' of an empire who might understand Solomon's book in a different way than I would, simply because he has more in common with Solomon as to this life 'under the sun'.
The gift of God mentioned in the above verse 19 isn't Salvation. It is a gift enjoyed by those who enjoy a good life now, thinking that "THIS"/"MINE", what they now hold, is all that there is.
"God keeps him occupied with the gladness of his heart."
It may seem a strange Mercy, to so bless in the present world those who will not be blessed in Eternity. But I don't understand God. His ways are higher than my ways, and I am not competent to judge His Works and Will. I can only appreciate now while I await then.

No comments: