Saturday, February 06, 2010

I'm Trying To Bless You, Sparky!


I have it on good authority that a person can not be bullied into believing in God. No bullying, no arguing, no debate will do the job.
Harangue is a good word-from the thesaurus: berate, lecture, criticize, rant, address, sermonize, scold.
None of that stuff will work. It’s a waste of time, and does nothing more than make people more adamant in their unbelief.
Right as sunshine.
Now to get (ahem)... personal. I’ve been accused of all of these timewasters, these wall builders. I’ve even been accused of “Glorying” over the fact that I’m going to Heaven while others aren’t.
If you only knew.
Look back through the pages of Fine Dry Wit for evidence of my bully scolding, and you will find the same eight words sprinkled throughout: “May God grant you the Grace to believe”.

Jesus said, “44“No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.” John 6:44

Only those whom God draws will come to Christ. It is that simple. My prayer for my family, my friends and everyone is that God will grant them the Grace to believe. That God will draw them to Himself. Again, swegos.

No comments: