Monday, December 28, 2009

Fine Dry Wit Review FWIW


Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Year New Happy
I am Happy. My mood could be described as ‘cheerfully optimistic’ for the coming year. I know that God is working in our lives, taking care of His children, so I don’t fear the future OR the present. I wish more people could know the peace that God puts in the hearts of those who belong to Him. Even when circumstance encircles us with troubles, even what terrible things happen-we are sustained, because God loves us.
I am looking forward to 2006, just as I was 2005 a year ago. I enjoy life, and living at peace with God.
I hope that each of you who stop by here have an excellent, positive, happy 2006.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Safe Harbor

This post may confuse some of you out there, but bear with me. I’ll try to keep it short.
Just a few minutes ago a friend mentioned that she is “Not afraid to die.” and I know exactly what she means. There is no fear of death for a child of God. I do not want to live a single second longer than God has use for me on this earth. I can echo Paul’s famous, “21For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. 22But if I am to live on in the flesh, this will mean fruitful labor for me; and I do not know which to choose. 23But I am hard-pressed from both directions, having the desire to depart and be with Christ, for that is very much better; 24yet to remain on in the flesh is more necessary for your sake.” Philippians 1:21-24

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Who Makes It A Merry Christmas?

It’s Christmas. What does that mean anymore?
Adam and Eve messed up. At the fall of Man our world became corrupted, we became corrupted. Not a pretty sight. And God was the only One Who could do anything to remedy the situation. And He did.
He promised and sent a Savior to redeem fallen man. Christmas marks the beginning of that redemptive process, when our Redeemer was born in Bethlehem.
The path from cradle to cross to resurrection is all part of a whole, is the entirety of the redemptive work of Christ which freed us from sin and restores us to right fellowship with God.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Not Live Blogging The New Year...I'm just here, and it's happening as I write this. 2008 was...off-putting. Even those who should be cheering like football ruggers seem to be quietly awaiting impending bad times.
Democrats won the White House, and hold Congress and are finally nearly free from the Bush administration. You’d think things would be more cheery on the leftish side of the universe...but it seems rather morose over there.
How can you please a pessimist? Refuse to agree with him. Or her. But this isn’t a political post- I think everyone’s tired of all that. I know I am.
2009 should be interesting. May God extend His Grace to you and may He bring us all Home.

AND

Coming up on 12-31-2009 and the happily anticipated 1-1-2010, I am grateful to God for every day, every blessing, every un-blessing which teaches me something I need to learn. 2009 was just a year, one that I am happy to see receding in the rear view mirror of my life. As that is as close to a country music song as I want to get today, to sum up 2009 I'll revisit a Gospel song from the Statler Brothers:
"I've got one more day behind me,
How many I've got left, I don't know-
But I'm getting closer to Jesus, I've got
One less day to go!"

See you on the other side, friends.

No comments: