Sunday, September 27, 2009

Bumpersnarkers

This morning I had to turn around and drive by the car again, the one with the bumperstickers. Sometimes you see something so wrong-headed, wrong hearted- just plain wrong- that you have to look twice.
I imagine it was intended to be humorous, insightful, sharp. Fail fail fail.
“I PRAY THAT GOD ISN’T TOO PICKY”.
Sorry, sister. All have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God. Sin is sin is sin. Sin is the trouble you are in in in. No Christian would put that slogan on their car, so I assume you are of the camp of ‘Ain’tasaint’.
Evidence to support such assumption? The other bumblesticker:
“HATE IS NOT A FAMILY VALUE”.
No, it isn’t a family value. Hate is to Satan as Love is to God. Lets see-who is known for promoting ‘Family Values’? Hmmmm...oh yeah-”Christians”. Do they get smeared with the Hate appellation? Is Bret Farve a Viking?
Here’s the thing-a lot of self-righteous moralists who assume that they are RIGHT...would never set foot in a church to save their lives. They think so highly of themselves that they sneer at the idea that they are sinners. They have successfully thrown off the religious gunk their families had tried to instill in them. They are too good for God.
What bumpersticker would I put on my car to answer that other driver?
“I PRAY THAT GOD WILL HAVE MERCY”. Hateful enough?

No comments: