Thursday, August 27, 2009

"I'm Not Stuck in Here with You, You're Stuck in Here with Me!"



Ah, the fun to be had in reading a book in which some Christians say bad things about other Christians! No! Not in front of the civilians!
It's a good thing pagans can't read, or at least won't read this stuff.
Though they (the paganists) might enjoy the 'Christian-on-Christian-strong-dislike-for-their-stupid-views' debate, the worry ever present is that the Christians might turn away from their uncivil war and begin to proselytize the spectators.
I'm a few chapters in to Dave Hunt's "What Love Is This? Calvinism's Misrepresentation of God". Hoo-boy.
Possibly I'm too worldly, hardly spiritual enough to fight in that battle. I am not a Calvinist, or an 'Arminian'. Calvinian? Arminist? And what of Hobbes?
I'm making light of the light bearers, but bear with me-rather than join in the argu-fight
I am a contentious objector. If the Calvinists wish to expend energy showing the Arminians the errors of their ways(at full volume) they can do it without me.
On the 180* (or verse vica) , the Arminian camp of Dave Hunt can include me out. His book (so far), though filled with quotations and footnotes, is weak on logic, long on emotional appeal. I get enough of that from the Obama administration.
I'll just stick to the Bible, and fellowship with my fellow Christians, contemplating the Savior who unites us. Works for me.

No comments: