Thursday, June 25, 2009

King of Nothing

Great. The internet is crawling to near stop with all kinds of M. Jackson stuff going on. Yesterday no one gave him a thought, and today he is the Topic.
When I heard the news, I felt no remorse, no sadness. It occurred to me that it didn't really matter to me whether he was alive or dead.
Is it un-Christian of me to say this? Consider-his passing meant as much to me as my passing would have meant to him, if our situ had been reversed.
As a Christian I am called to be honest, so there you go, bucko.
I am not cavalier about death-it is THE gateway through which we all pass. Some to Life everlasting.
I am not untouched when a friend or family member dies. I cried when Columbine happened, when Virginia Tech happened, but honestly-Michael Jackson, the unfortunate Farrah Fawcett, even Ed McMann do not touch me with their passing.
Here's irony for you-I just received an e-mail telling me that my Blu ray edition of "The Seventh Seal" is in.
There you go.

No comments: