Sunday, June 14, 2009

How Could This Possibly Be Controversial?

CATECHISM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
841 The Church's relationship with the Muslims. "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day."

Here's the thing-tonight at church I was given a DVD to watch with the provocative title, "Economic and Political Crisis-The Planned Destruction of America" by someone called Dr Larry Bates. Mind numbingly boring. One little dollop of misquoted Scripture followed by 20 minutes of his own ideas, assumptions and jumped-to-conclusions. I didn't make it past the 21 minute mark.
I went to the internet and looked into what others were saying about him-ouch.
So I was a goofy mood when a friend called to ask if I wanted to watch another DVD about a different subject. We got to talking about some of the odd ideas people come up with, such as this Dr Bates, who pushes the idea of ingesting colloidal silver to cure whatever ails ya. Taking the long way around, I asked my friend if she were aware of this little nugget from the Catholic Catechism. Nope.
So here it is-if there are any Catholics out there who feel like explaining number 841, just shine a light in the comments section.
There’s absolutely no common ground that I know of, aside from the fact that both Catholics and Muslims have strings of beads for prayer and dress some women in nun hijabs. Oooops!

No comments: