Friday, December 19, 2008

Random Thoughts Friday (Friday Edition)


Thank God for every Friday through Thursday, but most especially this week's Friday. It's snowing, and I get to go out and run the snowblower as soon as I finish this post, which might run to 1,000,000,000,000,000 words.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
I just read that Congress is voting itself another pay raise. COLA and all of that. We simple folk try to keep up with the Jones, whilst our Public Servants attempt to keep up with the Duke and Duchess of “Got more money than you”.
I should try this. I’ll go in to work this afternoon and tell my boss that I have voted myself a raise, so he should let HR know, and make it snappy.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
For you polixtical lubbers who miss having elections to grumble about, tune in to the Minnesota Grand Guignol playing out in nearly real time. The tummler from NY has just today taken the lead in imaginary votes. He may unseat Senator Norm Coleman, who won the election waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in November. The joke may be on Minnesota. The opposite of Fine Dry Wit may become part of the Minnesota delegation to Warshington (not mispilled-some folks ponounce it ‘Warsh-ing-ton’ and who can say that they are wrong? If Reality is only a matter of opinion, then there’s no law designating proper pronunciation, or whether the top vote getter can be deemed the winner of a contest. If opinion trumps Reality...then this world has a lot more to worry about than a failed radio host stealing an election.
*****************$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$&&&&&&&%%&&&&&&&&&
Speaking of opinions, a very nice young lady recently told me that she wanted to help save the planet-from pollution, global warming, and all of that. A sweet kid, but her opinion doesn’t trump Reality: it’s God’s world, and He takes care of it. (Not just my opinion-God says it all through His Word) We can do our part in the small by stopping some pollution, being good stewards of God’s planet...but we do not impact the world as some Envirovangelists would have you believe. We’re more mice than mighty.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hear the snowblower calling me. May God richly Bless you today.

No comments: