Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Not Live Blogging The New Year

...I'm just here, and it's happening as I write this. 2008 was...off-putting. Even those who should be cheering like football ruggers seem to be quietly awaiting impending bad times.
Democrats won the White House, and hold Congress and are finally nearly free from the Bush administration. You’d think things would be more cheery on the leftish side of the universe...but it seems rather morose over there.
How can you please a pessimist? Refuse to agree with him. Or her. But this isn’t a political post- I think everyone’s tired of all that. I know I am.
I am looking forward to 2009. Due to a misprint on my 2008 calendar, I spent the last year making revolutions instead of resolutions. Meaning that I just kept going around and around and ar
2009 should be interesting. May God extend His Grace to you and may He bring us all Home. I know that Christians hold different views on the event commonly known as “The Rapture”. I’m fine with different views. Whatever happens whenever, I am grateful to God for my life. I praise God for saving me and whether we are “Raptured” or arrive by the regular route, I hope to see you there.

I’m working on a song-the first part is mostly set, but it’s a work in progress. My church is one of the 17 billion or so named “Grace”. Working from that name:

“HERE AT GRACE,
WE LOVE YOU, LORD.
HERE AT GRACE,
WE THANK YOU, FATHER,
FOR BRINGING US TOGETHER IN THIS PLACE.
MAY YOU FIND OUR WORSHIP WORTHY
MAY YOU EVER FIND US FAITHFUL
AS WE KNOW
WE ONLY STAND HERE BY YOUR GRACE...
HERE AT GRACE.”

No comments: