Thursday, December 04, 2008

The Irreligious Wreturn Of Wrandom Thoughts-ThursEdt

It's been awhile since I did a wingless egret of random thoughting here at FDW.
In the first comment I am going to post a link to Ann Coulter's weekly screed. There has been much chortling among the lower elements of society regarding Ann, as she recently took a nasty spill and broke a bone in her jaw, which was wired shut. That seems funny to losers, I guess. But I like Ann, and I hope that she recovers soon. Her post this week is about the nefarious Franken and his attempted theft of the Minnesota Senatorial election. To those who thought the election was over a month ago...nope such luck.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
George Bush was whitewashing Aunt Polly's fence when Barack Obama came walking by. George started singing, splashing on the thin paint in broad strokes. Obama watched him for a minute.
"That looks like hard work."
"This?" George Bush grinned. "Naw, this is great fun! It's just one of my duties as President."
Obama watched him painting the fence some more.
"Is it hard being the President?"
"No sir! Being President is great! Everybody loves you! Everyone tips their hat when you walk by! You get to eat fancy State dinners all the time, and meet dignitaries from all over the world!"
Obama stared at George. "I heard it was a tough job. Having to solve everybody's problems, take care of the whole country. Man, I wouldn't want to be President!"
George stopped painting and shook his head.
"Barack my friend, you've got a lot to learn. Most problems solve themselves, eventually. Being President means that you are the top dog in the whole world! You'd be in more magazines than Paris Hilton! You could step on Vladimir Putin's foot and he'd have to say, 'Excuse me, Mr. President! I'll just move my shoe out of your way!'"
Obama stood there thinking about it for a minute, then said,
"George? I'd sure like to be President."
And President Bush handed him the brush.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
I don't ever have opportunity to give anyone orders, as I am the top and bottom man of this disorganization, but let me give you a suggestion. There was a movie made back in 1988 which you may never have heard of: "Full Moon In Blue Water". It is a fine drama, one that I bought yesterday when I found it on DVD.
Fire up your Netflix queue, or look for it at your library or whatever-it's a good watch.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
A little Ogden Nash to finish the post of better than if I went Nashless:

"There is one fault that I must find
With the twentieth century,
And I'll put it in a couple of words:
Too adventury.
What I'd like would be some nice dull monotony
If anyone's gotony."

No comments: