Tuesday, November 04, 2008

The Sound Of Falling Snow


I was sitting at work tonight, listening to the November rain beating down, and I thought of the Novembers when we've had snow by now. In 1991 there was a Halloween blizzard so gigantic that it is the mark by which all winter storms are measured. I was in Las Vegas for that one, but I've seen my share.
My friend was surreptitiously checking the election-we knew the outcome before we left work.

"16 “With Him are strength and sound wisdom,
The misled and the misleader belong to Him.
17 “He makes counselors walk barefoot
And makes fools of judges.
18 “He loosens the bond of kings
And binds their loins with a girdle.
19 “He makes priests walk barefoot
And overthrows the secure ones.
20 “He deprives the trusted ones of speech
And takes away the discernment of the elders.
21 “He pours contempt on nobles
And loosens the belt of the strong.
22 “He reveals mysteries from the darkness
And brings the deep darkness into light.
23 “He makes the nations great, then destroys them;
He enlarges the nations, then leads them away.
24 “He deprives of intelligence the chiefs of the earth’s people
And makes them wander in a pathless waste.
25 “They grope in darkness with no light,
And He makes them stagger like a drunken man." Job 12:17-25

The misled and the misleader belong to him. God is Sovereign.
He makes the nations great, then destroys them. God is Sovereign.

"1Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. 2Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves." Romans 13:1, 2

Am I disappointed about the outcome of the election? I am. But bitter? Not quite.
Would I accept the good from God's hand and not the bad? He never promised us a rose garden in this cosmos, this world. Instead, He said:
“These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
I have that peace, even tonight. May God Bless the United States of America.

No comments: