Friday, November 21, 2008

Love Is In The Air


"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." 1st Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

Isn't that beautiful? This simple declarative statement, along with the other amendments, are what make the United States so very special.

'Congress shall make no law~' in that command, we are protected from that elite savage, the beast with a hundred heads, 435 appendages and no brains.

Here-a critical example:

“I believe that my tuna fish sandwich is god.”
Congress: Go for it.
“I believe that the United States is obsolete, and must be destroyed.”
Congress: Okay.
“My 16,000 friends and I want to hold a rally calling for the destruction of the United States.”
Congress: Have a good time. Wear something warm.
“I am suing the government for illegally investigating my background." (ala Joe the Plumber)
Congress: Good luck in court.

That’s the way it works, that is how it is supposed to work. That is beautiful. That is America.
For a bit of contrast, here is how it would work in...oh, let’s pick a good one...Saudi Arabia:

“I believe that my tuna fish sandwich is god.”
Saudi government: Only Allah is god-you are an apostate!
“I believe that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) is obsolete, and must be destroyed.”
Saudi government: You’re a dead man.
“My 16,000 friends and I want to hold a rally calling for the destruction of the KSA.”
Saudi government: You’re all dead men.
“I am suing the KSA for illegally investigating my background." (ala Joe the Plumber)
Saudi government: You no longer have a background...or a future.

May God continue to Bless the United States of America!

No comments: