Friday, October 31, 2008

Clap For Tinkerbama, Kids! Clap Clap Clap!

It’s hard not to laugh at every political this’n’that coming down the information superhighway ka-nown as the Internets. We have all measure of persons, some less sincere, some taking all of this more seriously than is warranted, who add to Babel, myself included. I’m part of either the problem or the solution, as I spill me personal beans about Election 2008. It’s all fun, folks, and please don’t wear distress on your sleeve or your heart. It’s only an election. It will all be over, except for the weeping and gnashing of teeth, next Tuesday.
At this millisecond of time, nothing you can do or say will change the outcome. Remember the Serenity prayer:
“God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I Cannot change…
Courage to change the things I can
And Wisdom to know the difference…”
Don’t worry about what you can’t change, friends. One of the two candidates will win. If it’s your candidate, cool. If it’s the other candidate...cool.
I laugh, and I feel better. You can’t see the grin on my face right now, but it’s there.
I love hearing that the election is already over, that Obama has won.
I love hearing about how Sarah Palin is going to cost McCain the election.
I love hearing Obama praised from Coast to Kos.
I love that McCain is constantly tied to George Bush.
I love hearing about the horror stories about the 8 years of the Bush Presidency.
Why? Here we go, in reverse order:
These have been a GREAT 8 years, and George Bush has been a great President!
McCain should be so lucky as to be tied to the success of George Bush.
The praise for Obama is generated by Team Obama, and is as sincere as the praise lauded on John Kerry four years ago.
Sarah McCain may very well be the deciding factor which wins victory for the Republicans. She is that impressive, and will make a great President someday.
The ones saying that the election is over are trying to wish their dream into reality. Also...whether it be politics or pool or any other competitive activity, one rule rings true:
Never listen to your opponent.
Garry Trudeau has already submitted his ‘Doonesbury’ comic for next Wednesday, which declares that Obama has won the election. I can’t help but laugh. So should you, often.

No comments: