Friday, October 12, 2007

He Loves You-Yeah, Yeah, Yeah

Sweetness and Light scribe Ann Coulter seems to have ruffled a few more outraged feathers this week.
Here’s the headline from the Hot Air Post:
“Coulter-Jews will be perfected when they become Christians”
My, my my. Hard to find fault with that. But over 500 comments at the Hot Air post show that some did find fault, while others rose up (again) to defend Ann.
Rather than pompostitate there, one little voice in 500, I decided to post about Ann here.
Ann always speaks her mind-it isn’t that she becomes more of a firebrand when she has a new book out to promote-she simply is heard more often as she makes the rounds plugging the book.
I don’t fault her for enjoying the controversy which comes from her stating her beliefs. She’s a bit more vulgar than I would ever be, but in her defense, she operates in a pretty vulgar space; the responses to her start at vulgar and run to inhumane atrocity.
As for: “Jews will be perfected when they become Christians”
Christians on Earth are not yet perfected, but God is working in our lives, conforming us to the image of Christ. Both Ann and myself have a loooooooong way to go yet.
All Christians will be perfected only when they get to Heaven. It may upset your theology cart to believe that Jews who do not accept Christ will go to Hell, but there it is. Jesus said:
“I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.”
Salvation is extended to all, which is only fair, as all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God. The Jew who rejects Christ is the same as a nominal Christian, such as a Catholic or Lutheran, who is not born again.
There are many Jews who are Christian, just as there are many former Lutherans, such as myself, who have been saved by faith in Christ. If I had not been saved, if I had continued in the Lutheran church, which told me falsely that I was bound for Heaven…I would end up in Hell when I died. It’s as simple as that, and that applies to all faiths which reject Christ.
Ann could have stated the truth in a less controversial manner, but then she wouldn’t be Ann, would she?

No comments: