Saturday, May 26, 2007

The Good Old Younger Days

12 “For you will go out with joy
And be led forth with peace;
The mountains and the hills will break forth into shouts of joy before you,
And all the trees of the field will clap their hands.
Isaiah 55:12


I just renewed a memory, and it’s pretty neat. Back in the old ‘Guard days’ when I was a new Christian I fell in with good company-a fellowship of Christians in my home port of Cheyboygan, Michigan had opened a Christian coffeehouse named “The Lighthouse”.
One of the joys in Heaven will be our meeting again brothers and sisters whom we knew during our journey here. I became a partner in the coffeehouse, moved off ship, in with three or four of the other workers. Jeff, who owned the house, had this album, which we enjoyed, along with the other Maranatha albums, Scott Wesley Brown, 2nd Chapter of Acts, and others lost to memory. We once hosted a concert by a band called “Servant”-this was 1980-and I recently was able to download their album from iTunes, which is very cool.
Back to the album above. I loved it back then, recently found/bought it online, and it’s still sounds great.
Mustard Seed Faith, led by Oden Fong, sang “Happy In Jesus”. Tom Stipe sings my favorite song on the album, “Big City Blues”, an updating of the parable of the Good Samaritan.
Amongst us “slightly, oh so slightly graying” oldtimers there must be more favorites from the “Jesus Music” generation. Honeytree, anyone?



No comments: