Sunday, April 29, 2007

Quixotic

This is going to be a bit of a different FDW post. On Sunday nights at my church we usually have a Bible quiz, just a fun contest. Usually our Pastor makes up the quiz; tonight I was the quizmaster, and he joined the men’s ‘team’ vs. the ladies. Here are most of the quiz questions-our contest ended in a tie-good luck!

Bible quiz

1. Name one of John the Baptist’s disciples.

2. Fourth book after Job?

3. How did people get to Norway and Australia?

4. Who was with John in exile on the island of Patmos?

5. Name the Queen who refused to display her beauty to King Ahasuerus and his companions, making way for Esther to become Queen?
(Bonus-name the two recent films which feature King Ahasuerus.)

6. Here is a quote-give chapter and verse:
“Come now, you rich, weep and howl for your miseries which are coming upon you.”

7. Who am I? I wrote more than one book of the Bible. I was unjustly accused of treason, arrested and placed in a cistern for my jail cell.

8. Who am I? I met Joshua outside of Jericho and told him to take off his shoes.

9. Third book before Luke?

10. The first words of Jesus recorded in the Gospels?

11. The last words of Jesus recorded in Revelation?

There you have it-I left out a few of the easier questions. First one to post all of the answers wins the acclaim and admiration of the rest of us.

No comments: