Thursday, March 15, 2007

P. I.

Christians in this world must ‘render unto Caesar’ but never surrender unto anyone. Please hear me out.
Noah was politically incorrect. He alone found Grace in the sight of the Lord, meaning that the entire world was wrong headed. Rather than going along with everyone else, Noah did what was right. In a sense, he was a rebel against the world system in place, but actually he was the only faithful-to-God person in a rebellious world.
When we Christians in our age face being termed “Politically Incorrect” because we come up against a world system which is in rebellion against God, all we can do is follow Noah’s example: Do what God tells us to do.
We pay our taxes, support representatives who share our views, obey the laws of our land, whichever land it is where God plants us.
I’m thankful that I live in a country where I have freedom of expression, but I also recognize that many of my Christian brothers and sisters around the world are not free to express themselves without being put to death. When they speak out about Christ, they may be running afoul of the local government, but they are also following Noah’s example: doing what God has told them to do.
And I am certain that God appreciates and will reward their faith.
Once again, at the top of this post is a link to Voice of the Martyrs, which ministers to the persecuted church around the world. I encourage you to look through their site and materials. I have their “The Cross in China” about the Chinese persecuted church, and it is wonderful to hear the stories of the faithful, but also chilling to hear of their persecution. I know that God is working in the hearts of every one of us who are called by His name. May God continue to bless and strengthen you.

No comments: