Friday, August 18, 2006

Conversation in God’s Office

Knock knock.
“Come in, Doug.”
“Thank you, Father. I’m having a bit of a problem. An image problem.”
“Tell me about it.”
“Well, it’s the old ‘if you want your religion to be respected, you must respect all other religions.’, or else you’re considered an evil religious bigot.”
“We’ve gone through this before, haven’t we?”
“Often. I can’t pretend and pay lip service to other religions, as that would be false, and You tell me to always speak the truth. So I can’t pretend that other religions are anything but paths to Hell.”
“Which makes some of your friends uncomfortable, and they judge you.”
“Exactly. I don’t want to offend them, but...”
“Doug, it’s simple. If you started going along with the crowd, accepted their religious nonsense as being valid...I’d be offended.”
“Ah.”

No comments: