Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Unproven

“2By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; 3and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world. 4You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.” 1 John 4:2-4

I know that it seems that I revisit these few scriptures quite a bit-there’s a lot of information here. It’s not just a comfort to God’s people, to hear that ‘greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.’
It’s also a warning. Those of you who do not believe in God, but have heard about ‘anti-Christ’--go look in the mirror. That sounds harsh, but that’s as plain as I can put it. If you think it’s a terrible thing to call someone anti-Christ-you’re right. It’s horrible. It’s mean. It shouldn’t happen to a dog. Especially as John mentions that “4You are from God, little children, and have overcome them;” which means what? How have Christians overcome those who have the spirit of anti-Christ? Only by having Christ in us-He is the Over comer, the One who has Won. And He shares His victory with His people, His flock, those who love Him.
Because I have faith in God, I have no faith in man. Let’s turn that around from a secular perspective:
Because I have faith in man, I have no faith in God. Joe Stalin couldn’t have said it any better. The problem about believing in man is that Man constantly proves himself to be unworthy of anyone’s faith. If one man’s pinnacle of glory is cutting the head off of a schoolgirl, faith in man is unfounded.
But, you say, that that is one bad man, and most of us are not like that--I say that just as a chain is only as strong as it’s weakest link, humanity is only as good as it’s most evil people. We can’t put a halo on these men and horns on others “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”. No Christian is good. I’m a sinner saved by Grace; as bad as I am, God, who IS Good, Great, Wonderful, has restored me to a right relationship with Him through Jesus Christ. Even though I do not deserve such Grace.
Anti-Christs will be the first and only ones to tell you that God is unproven. But He has a perfect record, evidenced from Genesis to Maps, and anti-Christs can’t even keep the world quiet, let alone at peace.
Jesus said it best: 33“These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.”
John 16:33

No comments: