Monday, May 01, 2006

Halleluah


Rather than commenting on the turmoil of this fine May Day, which I believe has been covered enough by others, something closer to my heart is the upcoming National Day of Prayer. Last night at church we talked about it, and will be joining other churches on the courthouse steps in my town to publicly pray for our nation, our government, and, I imagine, the world in general.
I’m not much of a public prayer-I understand that it is a symbolic gesture of unity; and that’s fine-Jesus prayed publicly when teaching His followers how to pray (The Lord’s Prayer) and on other occasions,
such as when raising Lazarus from the dead: “41So they removed the stone. Then Jesus raised His eyes, and said, “Father, I thank You that You have heard Me. 42“I knew that You always hear Me; but because of the people standing around I said it, so that they may believe that You sent Me.” John 11:41-42
You may be wondering why I even brought that up, about Jesus praying in public. It’s because I honor prayer as communicating with our heavenly Father. Whether done on courthouse steps, in church, in a car, or next to your bed before going to sleep, prayer isn’t just talking into the air. We are before the throne of God. Because I love God, and respect and reverence Him, I take prayer seriously.
I have prayed for everyone who has been visiting this site on a regular basis. My church lifted up Antigone’s name often, praying that she may accept the gift of Salvation through Jesus Christ. I asked prayer a few days ago for Kathy and her husband MB, as they are going through tough times. Being a Christian doesn’t make you invulnerable like Superman, and we all face problems; we are called by God to encourage, edify, pray for our brothers and sisters, and build up the body of Christ, which is the church.
On May 4th, which is a National Day of Prayer, wherever you are, in public or private, lift up your voice to God and pray-for our country, for your loved one, for the return of our Lord Jesus to set up His Millennial Kingdom...however you feel led to pray. And may God Bless you, because He Loves you.

No comments: