Friday, October 14, 2005

Katrina Conspiracy Theories

Spike Lee will be making a documentary on Hurricane Katrina and New Orleans. In an interview with Reuters he had this to say:
"I wouldn't put anything past the U.S. government when it comes to people of colour. There is too much history ... going back to when the U.S. army gave smallpox-infested blankets to Native Americans."
Lee says that his documentary will use “factual journalism, not creative narrative,” but describes himself as a “provocateur,” and is looking for an “angle” -- maybe political “hanky panky.” I am sure he will be including Louis Farrakhan and the Reverend Jesse Jackson among his interviewees. Just the facts, sir.

I can’t express how excited I am for his documentary to come out (imagine I am intoning in the voice of Ben Stein).

But I think what he really ought to do is talk with this guy. Now he has a provocative angle .

le

No comments: